My last day of freedom before returning to work (full days)…it’s bittersweet, I’m not going to lie. If the last two weeks are anything like what retirement will be, sign me up immediately because I can’t wait. Before we all get dunked back into the icy waters of the 40 hour workweek, a 10 stat rundown of my winter break:
- Half days worked: 8 – otherwise my office would have exploded.
- Hikes taken: 3, two in Piedmont Park and one on the new Beltline
- Pictures taken: 105, that’s a lot of pictures for me
- Biggest accomplishment: I cleaned the bed off! Still not sure why I keep the bed, since I sleep on the couch.
- Power outages: 1 – my first ever in this place and I’ve lived here for over 3 years.
- Episodes of Dead Files watched: All of the ones on Netflix, lol…around 40-45?
- AMC giftcards received for Christmas: 10 – I’m set until my birthday!
What will you miss most about your time off? (question courtesy of my sis)
- Truly easing into every day. I’d spend 30-45 minutes every morning writing in my journal, then take each dog for a long walk. No stress, no running around, no media of any kind – I loved it. If I could find a job that allowed me mornings like that every day, I’d be so grateful.
Favorite picture of 2015 so far:
It’s also the first picture I took…I’d just walked the dogs, so it must have been around 2:30-3am on 1/1/15. It just makes me laugh.
Favorite picture taken over the break:
This was taken on 12/26/14. The sky was just amazing that afternoon.
Happy Sunday everyone. See you back in the coal mines tomorrow.